Monday, June 28, 2010

Don't know what to think

Well, with the military being so accommodating (not joking), it looks as if she will be keeping the baby.  She's cut off all communication with us, but is still talking to her parents.  They tell us a little, but I know its hard for them to be between their friends and their daughter.

I love her and I understand her desire to keep this baby, but I wish that she hadn't asked us to adopt this one before exploring all of her options.  A part of me is just so down, even though her parents think that there may still be a tiny sliver of a chance that she might place.

We're just continuing to move forward finishing our adoption paperwork and putting faith in the scripture that says that "all things will work together for your good".

Hope all is well with the rest of you!


gabeandstef said...

Oh beck i am so sorry. I was wondering how it was going for you. We have had a few close calls as well and it just breaks your heart when it doesnt work out. Hang in there and I will pray for you that the sliver of a chance will work out for ya.

Tamara ViAnn said...

goodness I'm sorry to hear that too. I really wish she would have waited until she was SURE before she'd ask. I'm convinced that most people just don't understand how that impacts people when they make decisions like that. So very sorry to hear.

Jon & Kim said...

I am so sorry to hear this too!!! But I know from experience that even though this may not work out it is one step closer to where you need to be. Hang in there and know that if this doesn't work something else will. I can only imagine how much harder it makes it knowing it is a blood sibling. Don't give up things will work out and in the end you will be able to make some sense of this. :)