Monday, June 22, 2009

Round Four

Yes, that's correct ladies - we are now on round 4 of our Femara + IUI, which means that I've now had three different opportunities to bite my fingernails into oblivion waiting for the 3-minute "pee-stick" results that I dread.

All negative.  And made especially worse on round 2 when the RE said, "I'll be really surprised if you don't get pregnant this month."  UGH.

When we went in Friday afternoon for a follicle check, things looked good- yet again- but when he told me that he couldn't figure out why it hadn't worked yet, I said something to the effect that this was why we won't do IVF (if nothing is implanting during these treatments, why spend $10,000 to make sure that a fertilized ball of cells snubs my uterus?).   That sparked quite the conversation and I walked out thinking that maybe trying IVF wouldn't be such bad idea after all - even though DH and I had decided long ago that adoption was a better option for us.

I hate infertility because of the doubt that it relentlessly drips into my life, especially the doubt in my ability to receive answers to prayers.

Three cycles down, three to go, and then at least this part is over...

Unfortunately, if these treatments fail, it means that we'll face another decision: Do we attempt IVF or try for another adoption?

Can't we ever have any easy answers?

3 comments:

Hillary said...

I hear ya! After our IVF failed, half our friends/family/ward members/neighbors/other nosy people asked why we weren't jumping right back into another IVF cycle, while the other half said we should just adopt and if we'd done that instead of IVF we'd already have a baby by now.

There are no easy choices, so you just have to trust that Heavenly Father will reveal to you the correct path to take (even if it ends in failure, like ours).

Keri said...

I wish someone would invent the baby truck, which would be somewhat similar to the ice cream truck that drives around during the summer time (stopping at random corners). We could all line up and chose our baby, pay the buck twenty five, and get on with life.

I hope things go well for you guys in the next three months. I know that the IVF vs Adoption decision is probably one that we've all had to make at some point during our own infertility saga's, and it's not fun.

We'll be praying that things work out for you guys!

{owens} said...

hey, i hear ya.! my hubby and i are now faced with that very decision...ivf or adopt. we are saving for ivf until jan and we'll see how we feel then. but i know, don't you just wish you'd have an answer one way or another?? we feel like we're lost on this endless road..that winds in so many directions!