Monday, October 13, 2008

FEAR vs. FAITH

In my life, I continue to ask myself am I making decisions out of fear or faith???

At our lunch group on Friday, we were talking about past relationships and how sometimes patterns tend to repeat themselves.

I was reminded of a time in high school when a friend I was hanging out with asked me to choose - if I was going to play it safe and stay "outside the fire" --thanks to Garth Brooks -- because of fear, or if I was going to "step inside the fire" with faith. My conscious decision to take a big risk lead to a great love and a meaningful relationship.

I too am facing a new "fire" as we risk putting ourselves out there in hopes of adopting another child. As I was pondering the risk, I realized fear is the only that holds me back. Fear of time, fear of losing money, fear of not being selected, fear of the birth mother's expectations, and fear of another loss. For me these fears are real, as they are for many of you.

But if I let go of fear, the decision to LOVE and have complete FAITH in Heavenly Father's plan for me and my family is easy. My heart opens to embrace the joys of loving more fully, with less conditions. And experience more true faith, in which I doubt less.

My prayer is we continue to choose faith over fear! Enjoying the joy in the journey a bit more!!

6 comments:

gabeandstef said...

Addie you said it all right there. I know it is hard to have faith. I usually choose fear because then I can control the out come. But this last year I have had to really put my faith in my heavnly father and it has for sure made my testimony much stronger. So there are for sure true blessings in having faith.

Jon & Kim said...

Thanks Addie I really needed to hear that. Just know that I jumped the cliff with you and I am here for you always. I really couldn't ask for a better friend. Thanks for always lifting me up!

Love Kim

Rachel Doyle said...

Congrats on making that leap of faith - I am sure that there will be times of trial where you will wonder why you made this choice - but your faith with sustain you if you allow it to. Heavenly Father will bless you.

Dan and Stacy said...

Addie you are the BEST. Thanks for your encouraging words.

Shannon said...

You have such a great attitude! I know that it hurts to put yourself out there, but no one ever wants to live your life and wonder what if? You're right Heavenly Father does have a plan for each of us. It's nice when his plan for us is what we are wanting so badly. I hope that's the case for you! You are in our prayers as you guys go through the torture of the waiting game!

Victoria said...

Addie I'd like to join this site will you pass on my email: joshuaandvictoria@gmail.com and thanks for your positive attitude. Life get hard and it is wonderful to have others who understand.