Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A miracle in my life.....

After some sweet nudging from Kerith, she has encouraged me to share about the miracle that has changed my life.

Ladies, I am pregant. You were the first people i wanted to shout this wonderful news to. I have been so apprehensive about sharing because i really don't want anyone to think that im rubbing it in, or being insensitive. I don't want anyone to feel anything negative towards me or the situation. Please know that im mindful of each and every one of you. If you don't mind, i'll quickly share my story and be done.

.......When Nick and I went to the RCC on the 26th of Aug. I could feel that i was ovualting so after the evaluation with Dr. Blouer, i asked him when it is best to try when ovulating. I informed him that my current ob gyn had instructed me to wait until 2 days after the LH test was positive before "trying". Dr. Blouer wasn't too fond of that idea and told Nick,"You go home and get her, Nick!" We just giggled, it was too funny to hear him say that. He made a distinct remark that we will remember for the rest of our lives,"Maybe she'll get pregnant so you wont have to spend anymore money!" Ya right!! We hadn't planned on using clomid or doing an IUI because of this Dr. visit, and the fundraiser. I knew that i was going to be so stressed with the fundraiser and if by some crazy miracle i did get pregnant, i didnt' want to miscarry. So my cycle in August was all natural.

Last Wenesday i began with cramps early in the morning and a little spotting, so i took my nessecities with me to work along with a heating pad and tylenol. The whole day was unbearable, i kept watching for my period but nothing but spotting. I figured tomorrow i would probly start. Wednesday night i had cramping so bad that i couldn't sleep, at about 4am or so i gave in and took a percoset for the pain and called into work. At this point the cramps were so bad i had a beating pad on my back and was laying on one as well. I thought for sure i was having a cyst rutpure on my ovary. During that day the cramps lessoned, but still no period, i was getting so frusterated, i just wanted to get my depressing period over. Thursday night again, so much pain, no sleep and no period. I stayed home the next day with cramps and a headache and insatiable hunger that coudn't be filled. Still no period.

That afternoon, my mother had called me and during the conversation we were talking about this period that wasn't coming. She told me that she knew that soon enough i was going to be a mommy. I, as always, rolled my eyes and shrugged it off. My cousin called me and suggested that i take a pregnancy test. I shot her down and told her that i was over taking tests because as soon as i did, id start and be depressed.

When i got off of the phone, the thought kept nagging at me and i started couting the days since the 26th........17days. Um....i don't usually go over 12.? Wierd. I took the test and set it on the counter and figured eventually id go look. While i was watching Ellen a prenancy test commercial came on and reminded me to go look. I went in the bathroom with a bit of an attitude because i knew what it was going to say......Pregnant. I threw the stick, started crying and hyperventilating and called Nick...no answer, he was chasin cows on the forest and didn't have service.

I went to Evanston Regional to get a blood test and didn't get the results that night, Nick was so excited, we were both in shock. We kept saying,"Can you believe this? Can you believe were going to have a baby?". I went home and took 2 more tests just to make sure and lo and behold, all 3 tests were positive. I don't think i have ever felt so much relief, remorse and sheer happiness all at once.

I don't know why Heavenly Father chose to bless me and at times, i feel really guilty. I know that i haven't gone through as much as pretty much every woman on this blog and haven't endured it as long. All i know is that my testimony of faith has grown in leaps and bounds and i want each and everyone of you to know that WE will enjoy every minute for each and every one of you and WE will love this child with everything we have.

I want to thank everyone here for the great love and support you given me, even though we have never even met. Thank you Kim for starting this wonderful sounding board.

12 comments:

Beck said...

Congratulations, Sherydon! That is FABULOUS news!

Jon & Kim said...

Oh Sherydon....you have no reason to feel any guilt what so ever. If it was anyone of us we would be nothing but extatic! You have been through something that has changed your life forever and given you the compasion to help others around you. I am personally soooooo.....happy for you! It is about time we heard some good news don't you all agree???!!!!! Now you just need to take what you have learned from this and run as fast as you can and never look back. Enjoy every minute of your pregnancy knowing that you deserve it. No matter how long you have to endure the pain of infertility it hurts.

I want to thank you for all you have contributed to this blog. I am so happy to have had the opportunity to get to know you and your hubby. Good luck...you will make the best mother. If anything you have learned what a blessing it is to be a Mother. You will never take that for granted and that my dear is a wonderful blessing. Love ya and again GONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

P.S. I hope you know you are always welcome here. If anything you have given us all hope!!!!!

Dan and Stacy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! That is amazing news. I can only imagine the excitement going through your circle of family and friends. Like Kim said....You do not ever need to feel guilty about being pregnant. I am happy for you and I hope your entire pregnancy is the most fabulous experience for both you and your husband.

gabeandstef said...

Sherydon CONGRATS!!!! that is so awesome I am so happy for you guys. And like kim and stacy said never feel guilty just enjoy being pregnant it is awesome. And I agree with you this blog rocks and thanks kim for starting it. I wish you the best of luck and hope you keep us updated on your journey.

Shannon said...

One thing that always remained the same for me was I was never jealous when someone I knew who was struggling with infertility got pregnant. They got a free pass! Don't ever feel guilty. That is so exciting for you! Congrats!

Keri said...

As you know, I already did the Irish-Jig for you guys yesterday. So, today I thought it highly appropriate to do the Chicken-Dance! (It's a pretty scary sight, but anything for you!)

Congratulations again! I am so excited for you and Nick! Make sure you stay and dish out advice and support every once in a while, and don't forget to keep us updated with all of the fabulous details!

YAY!

Love, Kerith

Addie said...

Congratulations!!! It is WONDERFUL news! Never be afraid to share positive stories, it is what gives others HOPE!! And we all need HOPE and FAITH in our lives!!!

It is an amazing journey, so enjoy the RIDE!!

Lots of love - addie

Rebecca said...

What great news! So excited for you! Hope you will have a great pregnancy. Wishing you all the best!

Hillary said...

You have no reason to feel guilty over such great news! I think all of us on here deserve a little happiness! I'm so happy you finally got yours!

RaeAnn said...

I love this website and appreciated reading. I would like to contribute: raebabeann@yahoo.com
Thanks, RaeAnn

Chris & Stephanie said...

I am so excited for your wonderful news. Don't ever feel like you can't share your wonderful news. Even though I am not pregnant, I have come to enjoy the fact that wonderful women like you can enjoy such a wonderful miracle. I used to be sad when someone I knew was pregnant, but then I turned my thoughts around. I am just grateful that they don't have the same problems and that don't have to go through what I have been going through. Just make sure you keep us posted on your progress..... We are all rooting for you.

Rachel Doyle said...

That's fantastic -- isn't this blog supposed to be for sharing our happy and sad times!?!?! We need to rejoice together as well as cry together!!!