Friday, September 26, 2008

My Miracle

It's been awhile since I have posted anything, but since reading Sherydon's exciting news - I thought I would share mine. As you might remember from my previous post - my issues of infertility deal with the ability to carry a child to full term. I have lost 3 babies to first trimester miscarriages and my tiny son Nathan was born 4.5 months premature and lived ten minutes. When I wrote my last post I was 7 months pregnant and on full bed rest because I once again began dilating and contracting at 4 months. Well on August 10th at 35 weeks pregnant I gave birth to a beautiful red headed little girl named Hannah. The delivery was very dramatic and scary. Multiple doctors and crash teams were brought in. My blood pressure went from 120/80 to 50/35. Hannah arrived and was pretty blue and very banged up due to the doctors having to manually pull her out. She was rushed to NICU where she spent a week due to a undetected heart condition. She is now doing well and the doctors will continue to monitor her heart as she grows. I feel truly blessed to have her as the doctors once again reminded us in the delivery room that they were amazed she had made it to 35 weeks and through the delivery. I am so grateful for this little miracle from heaven. I know that our Father in Heaven is mindful of all of us during our trials and he will bless us all -- sometimes we just have to wait and endure until that time -- whatever that trial maybe.

(Hannah at 3 weeks - we blessed her at home so she wouldn't be exposed to a lot of people due to her health issues.)

7 comments:

Chris & Stephanie said...

I love this little miracle. What a snuggle bug she is. I am so glad our family was blessed enough to be able to enjoy her in our lives. Rachie~ you make beautiful babies.....Love you!

Jon & Kim said...

So happy for you and your family. I am glad you let us all know how things went and that she is here safe and sound! What an amazing little miracle. She is beautiful!

Dan and Stacy said...

Congrats on your miracle. She is beautiful and perfect and amazing. Thank you for sharing your miracle with all of us!!!!

Keri said...

Rachel,

I've actually been following the updates on you blog! She truly is a wonderful gift, and I'm so happy that she is thriving and bringing much joy to your family!

gabeandstef said...

Rachel congrats i am glad everything turned out okay for you guys. Enjoy your precious baby she is darling.

Shannon said...

She is so beautiful! Congrats!

Addie said...

Rachel, thank you for sharing your great news!!! Just yesterday I was marveling at the joy I experience from being a witness of God's miracles. And as you shared your story. I felt the same spirit of gratitude. The Lord has a hand in our lives, if we are willing to acknowledge his will and do his work. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for testifying of the truth and power of MIRACLES!!! What a blessing in all our lives!