Thursday, May 21, 2009

Update

I just realized I hadn't updated on here in quite a while. I've been keeping track of everything on my own blog, but in case anyone was wondering:

After 14 days of shots (3 a day), we had our retrieval on Tuesday. It went ok--in my head, it could've gone better, but our RE thinks it's great. They got 10 eggs, 8 of which were mature and ICSI'd, and 5 of them fertilized normally. Tomorrow morning we're going in to have (most likely) 2 embryos transferred back to me, and hopefully freezing the other 3.

For the mean time, I'm trying to stay calm while doing my progesterone in oil shots (worse than the other ones but still not too terrible) and taking a nauseating antibiotic. I'm nervous for the transfer and praying everything goes ok. I've felt pretty calm this entire cycle, but now all I can think about is how much time, money, emotion, effort, etc. we've invested in this cycle. I have faith that it will turn out how the Lord wants, but that's not necessarily the same as what I want. Here's hoping this month is finally my turn!

6 comments:

RaeAnn said...

wow, gotta hate the pressure. Good luck! I am pulling for you!

Jon & Kim said...

My advise is to lay in bed for the next two weeks and let those precious little embryos find a nice comfy spot!!! I know they tell you that you can be up and about buy why take any chance. Just take it easy. The next two weeks will be the longest two weeks of your life.....I am praying so hard for you!!!!! Good luck tomorrow!!!!

the Petterson Family said...

We are all praying for you!

Keri said...

I've been stalking your progress from bloglines and have loved hearing all about your journey... you are hilarious!

Good luck, I'll be praying for you guys.

Beck said...

Wishing you all the best!

Eric and Sara said...

Hillary please know that you are in our prayers. I don't have much advice, but please know that all of the advice you gave me and have given me helped me get through some of what i thought were the toughest times. So I thank you for that. good luck and please let us know how things go.