Friday, April 10, 2009

Quick Update

So after a LOT of calculations, prayer, deliberation, aggravation, frustration, and worry, we have decided to go ahead with in vitro this month! Wahoo!

We have our Lupron class on Thursday, then we begin injections next Sunday. I am so excited! Isn't it funny how you can pour your heart out in prayer, begging for an answer, and worrying that you haven't received one yet...until all of a sudden you do? We really couldn't decide if it was smart to do it this month. With the bills for my surgery rolling in, plus our insurance deductible increasing to $8,000, on top of the $13,000 IVF with ICSI will cost, we were worried that we just couldn't swing it. Plus Brian has been worried about the security of his job given that his employer is a general contractor, and the construction industry is pretty crappy right now. Is it smart to spend all this money if he's going to be out of a job in a few months?

I have been so frustrated, often resorting to thoughts that idiotic 16-year-old girls don't have to spend thousand of dollars to get pregnant, so why do I? Isn't wanting a family a righteous desire?

I have no idea how we did it, but last month, without really trying, we saved $3,000 more than we normally do. Then Brian spoke to his boss, who reassured him that the company is doing fine, and even if it was struggling, Brian would be one of the last people they'd ever think of laying off. That was what we needed! Our prayers were finally answered. For me, it reaffirmed my testimony that the Lord really knows our hearts individually and will help us find a way to overcome our trials and accomplish our goals. I know we're still far from our goal of a family, but this was a critical step. Now, onward...

7 comments:

Jared,Tamara +Kylie Morgan said...

That's awesome! I'm glad you were able to get everything to work out to start this month. I'm sooooo hoping this works for you!

I've been battling in out in my head about where to cycle. I need to hear some positive things about the U! It's either the U or SIRM in Las Vegas. I don't know what to do anymore. I have like a thousand options running around in my head and it sucks that $$ is such a determining factor. Congrats on getting everything worked out to start this month though. You'll have to let us know how the shots are.

Hillary said...

I've heard good things about Vegas too. We have some friends who have cycled both places, and for 1 couple neither place worked, and for the other couple their cycle at the U worked.

For us $$ was a huge factor, and the fact that with all the blood tests and ultrasounds IVF requires, we'd have to be able to get off work and drive to Vegas multiple times over the course of 6 weeks, making Vegas even more expensive.

Jon & Kim said...

I am so excited for you!!!! You are finally there girlfriend. For me the months leading up to making the desision were the hardest. Now you are on your way and you will do great. Keep us posted on your progress and how things are going. I am sending lots of Love and Prayers your way.

Dan and Stacy said...

Good luck Hillary. We will be sending lots of prayers and happy thoughts your way.

Beck said...

That's great news! Good luck and I hope everything works out the way you want.

Keri said...

Ok Hillary,

No pressure, but we're counting on a success story here! Keep me filled in with all of the delightfully horrific details (hormones, needles, etc.). I'll be praying for you guys! Best of luck!

Addie said...

wonderful news ... it is good to have your feet on the ground and planted in walking in a certain direction. there is lots to hope for ... no matter where this journey takes you and your family!!!