Monday, April 20, 2009

My Daily Heroin

Yep, that's the name we've affectionately dubbed my Lupron injections. I mean, really, how often can someone say they legally, purposefully mixed up some drugs and injected themselves in an effort to get themselves something they really wanted? Except for us, it's a baby...not a high. But, whatever.

Today is day 2 of the injections, and so far so good. I know this probably makes me weird, but I actually kind of like it. It's kind of fun to feel like a scientist mixing stuff up in a vial and syringe. Plus, I feel like I'm doing something proactive to get our baby here as opposed to months of just waiting.

After a quick game of chicken last night (holding the syringe, with Brian and I arguing back and forth: "You do it. No you do it. No you do it."), I realized that these injections are really no big deal and don't hurt. Getting blood drawn or an IV hurts much worse, and even then those are pretty low key.

So to anyone considering IVF but holding back due to fear, take heart. It really is okay!

5 comments:

Tamara ViAnn said...

I love the comment about you guys playing chicken! I'm glad that the Lupron shots don't sound too bad. I'm just worried about those PIO ones! Keep us updated :)

gabeandstef said...

Hillary I am so glad you guys are off to a good start. And yes keep us updated.

Jon & Kim said...

I thought the same thing "not too bad". It does start to get old after a few weeks but definatley not as painful as I thought it would be, especially if you do it fast. I want to know who won? I found it much easiear for Jon to do it.

Keri said...

Ugh! Ahh! I e-hat needles! So, did you end up doing it or did Brian? Just hearing about the injection is making me light headed. Ahh!

I'm so excited for you guys and praying that everything works out. Hopefully you end up with a litter full of love (Well maybe not a litter... two would be nice.. even one).

Hillary said...

I made Brian do it, since he was much more scared than I was. He was paranoid that he was going to hurt me! But he works late Tuesdays and Thursdays, so those will be my nights to do it.