Monday, June 23, 2008

Ah, THE SISTERHOOD

This weekend, I really felt like part of a new sisterhood. Funny, because it really isn't new for me. (And I should mention it isn't the only sisterhood of which I am a part.) But it wasn't until this weekend we were termed "THE SISTERHOOD" while supporting one of our own. It really resonated with me, I am part of "THE SISTERHOOD"!!!!

Words are so powerful! They express more than we sometimes recognize. For me, this verbal acknowledge solidifies what I have already known and felt for years. Which is ... I am so blessed to be surrounded by sisters, who not only share my faith and understanding of God's plan, but in a very unique and intimate are able to fully grasp, bare witness of, and support me and my family through our infertility and adoption experiences.

I don't believe we are meant to experience life alone. Rather we meant to share with, learn from, lean on, uplift and most importantly love other people in this life. You are not my sisters by birth, but you are my sisters by choice.

I love you very much!

Addie

PS. Kim can you bring your camera again next time we get together? we need more of the girls represented. :)

4 comments:

Jon & Kim said...

Thanks Addie for being a part of this it will be fun. I will bring the camera and hope that others will post pictures as well so we can have a visual. Post some pics of your cute family. Love ya!

Rebecca said...

Oh Addie! I feel all of us must have been buddies in the pre-existance!
You are awesome!

Dan and Stacy said...

I agree 100% Addie. I look forward each month to getting together with every one. I always feel uplifted and "normal". Thanks for being such a great friend!

Keri said...

Hey Addie,

Sending good thoughts from Texas. I guess if I still lived near Kim, I might get the chance to get together and play with the girls. Still, it's great to read about everyone's experiences thus far.