Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Loving this idea!!!!

Thanks Kim for this wonderful idea and support system.  I can not think of anything better for a bunch of us going through infertility issues and adoption issues.  Looking back on things now I wish that Dan and I would have talked more about our issues and thoughts and feelings.  We have both said that talking about it would have made things easier on us while we were waiting.  The waiting for our two sweet girls was pretty difficult for us, but I think talking about our infertility would have helped Dan and I see that we were not so alone in this great trial.   We are so grateful for Kya and Kiera and the joy that they bring into our lives.  I can not imagine life with out them and maybe it is because of our trials that helps us to thank Heavenly Father for everything that they do whether it be naughty or nice!!!!!!!!!!!!  I was reading the Visiting teaching message in the Ensign this month and it talks about the Premortal Existence and something that Elder Richard G. Scott says hit me like a ton of bricks.  He says "...You were taught and prepared for the circumstances you would personally encounter in mortality..."  After reading this, I felt even more love coming from my Heavenly Father knowing that he did not send me here with out help.  I may not remember the preexistence, but I was personally prepared by Him to handle this trial of infertility.  I think part of that preparation was this group of friends who all know exactly how I feel!!!  Really and truly you are what saved me during our Kiera fiasco.  Knowing that not every adoption is as smooth as Kya's and still worked out gave me hope during a few dark days.  Thanks for the love, support, and the listening.  

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Great Quote Stacy! I will have to print that and put it on my fridge!

Jon & Kim said...

My sis-in-law was telling me about that article....I need to read it. I was telling her how it is kinda a blessing to be given the same trial over and over because I am kinda figuring out how to handle it! Not that it makes it any easier but I have finally realized it is okay to hurt and let yourself cry a little......or a LOT!

Hillary said...

I hope everything worked out with your adoptions--I know there can be some scary moments. If you ever need help again, I'm an attorney and I've been doing some research in the areas of adoption and keeping children with adoptive parents.

Dan and Stacy said...

Thanks hillary. I appreciate your willingness to help. Everything worked out after an incredibly horrible awful week and we brought our sweet baby girl home. This was a year ago and we celebrated her first birthday last month and all is well now.