Monday, January 12, 2009

In the spirit of laughter

I agree that sometimes you just need to laugh about infertility. Have you guys seen that mock-blog "Seriously, So Blessed"? If you haven't, you need to check it out. It's written by a fake girl named Tiffany/Amber/Megan/Nicole, whose husband goes to law/business/medical/ dental school. They are the perfect LDS newlyweds, and are expecting twins. I almost peed my pants I was laughing so hard at all the stupid stories (complete with misspelled words and horrible grammar).

One of the tough things about this trial is that you often get judged and asked insensitive questions, especially from other LDS friends (since having babies is such a central part of LDS culture). My husband and I have been asked numerous times if we just don't like kids, or when we're going to start, or if we've read talks from apostles advising couples to not wait, etc. We've been told we need to have more faith, or that perhaps the Lord is punishing us for our politics (ridiculous). Along those same lines, this was a recent post on Seriously, So Blessed:

bad perplexion

SO SAD SLASH STUMPED!

Last night was hobby nite at the law/biz/med/dental school wives club (so fun!...every one is so creative!) and this darling chica who seriously NEVER comes, showed up and geez, TALK about an awkward incounter you gys. I was way friendly and polite, as is of upmost importance as the first-lady, but ew! Hate to gossip, but this IS my journal, and I = way puzzled and in desparate need a venting spree. So get this...


They've been married for freaking EVER, I think since oh-SIX or something ridiculous, and guess how many kids? Um, ZERO. And she's not even preggers! Plus she has a JOB. Um, WTH. It's like there against wick and loans or something, not to mention HELLO!? Do they even HAVE parents??

Way.
sad.
life.
Ugh.

Of coarse, I'm sure they've been "trying" ;o) so to be nice, I figured I'd suggest a few things to help her get blessed slash preggo. I opened my eyes way big and earnest so my mascara clumps bonked into my carefully-shaped brows, and asked way hi-pitched friendly, "Have you guys thought about paying tithing?" She was all, "What do you mean?"

LOL! Awkard! I shrugged my teensy shoulders and gentley put a lotiony hand on her back all compassionate. I lowered my cute head and tossed my streaked bangs slowly, giving her my darling quizzical pity pout, and pointed slowly at my fertile garden belly, (meaningful pause), then at her desolate desert one.

"You know....TWO, NONE. TWO, NONE...

Just saying maybe it's time to CTR."

Nice, right? But nooo, she flipped the heck out and chose to be offended. Girls are SO drama! Always telling the J-Dub he's seriously so lucky to of married someone so down to earth and chill. I WAS JUST TRYING TO HELP THEM TO NOT HAVE A BORING LIFE. It's like, is it just that she's selfish and a heaven hater, or does she have a wasteland of a womb?? I'm TRYING to be sensitive but it is way hard. Should I send a note?

5 comments:

Becca said...

If there is one thing I am grateful for my trial of infertility, is the depth of character I have developed and my ability to be sensitive to others trials..I really thought that was a sad post. If that posting was a 'real' incident, I pity the shallow ignorance of that girl.

Hillary said...

No, that wasn't a real post. It was a joke. The whole blog is mockingly written from the perspective of a silly, stupid, self-absorbed, self-righteous LDS girl. The whole blog mocks this trend of Mormon female bloggers, and it's actually pretty funny.

Dan and Stacy said...

I too have heard all the insensitive comments from others. I hated that they thought they could judge me and my husband.

That blog post was absolutely hilarious. I laughed so hard. The sad thing about that is I could name at least five women that act just like that!!!!!!

gabeandstef said...

Oh my gosh it is a good thing you said that it wasnt real I was ticked until I just read your comment. But I do agree with Stacy there are real people out there like that. And I also agree with rebecca because of this trial I have learned so many things. And #1 is to not judge you never no somebodys situation.

Keri said...

I've been away from blogger land, so didn't see this post.

Absolutely hilarious and oh-so-very true!