Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Sometimes you just need to laugh

This one got me to the point of nearly peeing my pants. I never considered that hubby's sperm is gay. Wow that is a new one. Do you think there is a treatment for that?


I was thinking about you fine ladies this past weekend. Well actually (quite often) during the holidays. Its hard to know what you really really want for Christmas this year, and Santa didn't or in my case will NEVER deliver. I did ask him once though. At a Christmas family function...Lets just say it forced a quiteness (not common in my large, loud family) amongst the crowd, and I left the jolly ole' elf speechless. Probably not the best idea, but I couldn't resist.
Anyway, we have been dealing with the "disease" of infertility for nearly a decade, and I am sad to say that it still hurts. Well, not full on breakdowns these days but the sting is still there. I ran into a infertility friend of mine recently, and guess what she is prego with number dos! Although the joy for her and her family overshadowed the "sting" I was quite surprised how it unleashed multiple feelings for me. As the wallowing got deeper, I realized that laughing myself out of it somehow seemed to help the feelings subside.
Soo, when your low with the remnants of "holiday blues", find something out there that merits a laugh or two! Who knows it may be your inhospitable womb or his gay sperm!

5 comments:

Addie said...

thanks for the reminder to find humor. this holiday season has been a sad one, and this post helped me remember sometimes the best medicine is laughter.

lots of love - addie

Jon & Kim said...

Oh my sweet, dear sisters....why does this have to be so hard. I find myself feeling sad a lot these days. Will it ever go away???? I was sad to have missed you all today at play group. I really needed my therapy.....

Beck said...

HAHAHAHA! Thanks for that. It really took my mind off of everything for a little while.

Rachel Doyle said...

That was really funny - and a much needed laugh. I went in for my yearly appointment with doc and told him that I was going to have to have major back surgery and asked him what that would mean for future pregnancies. Well he once again point blank told me I was crazy and from a medical stand point it was extremely dangerous for me and another baby. He also being my stake president told me that he wouldn't decide for me spiritually. I thought I had come to terms with just having 2 living children - but I am not. I want more and I feel a terrible void in my heart. I know many of you don't have any children at all and I should be grateful - but I can't help feeling this way. Am I really that selfish that I can't be happy? Anyhow I guess I fit into the category of inhospitable utero.

Keri said...

Uh-oh. I'd never considered this as our diagnosis! :o)