Sunday, February 1, 2009

Unanswered Prayers

I just finished reading a book you MUST read, it is called When Your Prayers Seem Unanswered by S. Micheal Wilcox.

It is short and easy to follow ... and very profound! His main message is one of encourage and hope as we recognize how the Lord teaches us through his constant love. He sights wonderful scriptural examples to show how "God blesses us in our fourth watch", how he has made our "ships tight like a dish", how he "carves holding places in our hearts", "he only offers bread and fish never stones", "how he can make all the negative things in our life good", "how we can bring forth good fruit no matter where we are planted", and how "he will wipe away all the tears of our soul".

It is a fabulous book that has reminded me lately how our prayers only seem unanswered due to our limited perspectives. If we put our trust in God's plan of happiness, we will have joy.

Much love to my sisters of faith,
Addie

3 comments:

Jon & Kim said...

Another great book I just read is "I need chocolate with that diagnosis" It is an easy read and so good!

Victoria said...

Thanks for the tips. I am always looking for inspirational books like these.

RaeAnn said...

I listened to this on a CD and it is wonderful! I think I listened straight through about three times in a row!