Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Here We Go (Probably, Maybe, Hopefully)

So I went in today for my post-op follow-up appointment. I just thought our doctor would check out my nicely healing incisions and send me on my merry way. But apparently things looked good enough that he sent me to the nurses to set up our in vitro schedule.

Wait a minute, I thought. We were supposed to wait until June or even July! But I guess the combination of my quick healing, the long (6+ weeks) process of in vitro, and the medicine I've been on since a week before the surgery that allows us to transition straight to in vitro without wretched birth control pills, means we can actually get started the week after Easter. That's less than 3 weeks away!

I know it seems crazy, but I had just resigned myself to waiting until summer. Now all of a sudden it's here again. It seems so fast! We're not 100% sure we're going to start in April (surgery bills + huge deductible + crazy expensive non-insurance-covered IVF=hemorrhaging money), but the possibility is there. I am really excited, scared, nervous, and almost afraid to hope--afraid to hope that we'll actually get to to do it, that the process will go smoothly, and that I'll actually get pregnant. Infertility is such a dang rollercoaster, but at least I might have the chance to get off it!

7 comments:

RaeAnn said...

good luck. i will be pulling for you. One of the things that has helped me is to constantly remind myself that fear does not come from God, faith does! It CAN work!! Heaven knows you deserve it :)

Chris & Stephanie said...

Best of luck with everything. We will be praying for the both of you.....

Beck said...

We all need some good news every once in a while - even if it is laced with reality checks.

Good luck! I hope it all works out for you!

Jon & Kim said...

I have always felt so grateful that we have atleast tried. It is so hard to have hope, affraid that you might be setting yourself up for failure. BUT without HOPE we have nothing. Vulnerable is not a fun place to be but I have found it essential to our growing process. You will do GREAT, and what a wondeful thought that you could be pregnant in a couple of months. Stay strong and know I am pulling for you!!!!!!

Keri said...

Besides the $$$, everything sounds great! Hopefully you'll be on your Merry IVF way in no time flat!

p.s. keep us updated on the shots, hormones, etc. That's a huge reason we haven't done IVF yet and I'd like to know if it's not as big of a deal as I've imagined it to be in my head!

Jon & Kim said...

Kerith you could totally do it. It is not as bad as you think it is going to be!!!!

{owens} said...

good luck, hil! that's good news. let us know what happens.

ash