Monday, July 14, 2008

Much Thanks

I just wanted to quickly thank everyone for their kind words and encouragement. This blog is fantastic! If you're wondering, we did end up going to the cabin this weekend. However, my husband offered to pull each of his siblings aside, let them know what's going on, and asked them to please not bother me about it unless I brought it up. It ended up being a fun, if loud (picture 15 kids under the age of 7 in a 4 bedroom cabin), weekend.

As far as our IUI future is concerned, after lots of prayers and fitful nights of sleep, we've decided to do the best we can without canceling our vacations. I spoke to our RE's nurse, and she was very understanding. She recommended that we do everything we did last month, except instead of the IUI, we'll do the LH kits and timed intercourse. We're still going to do Clomid with the HCG injection both months, and I have an ultrasound scheduled right before we leave. Although I know this is less effective than IUI's, I feel like it's a way for us to still be making a good effort to get pregnant, but at the same time not letting it overtake our lives.

Thanks again!

Love,
Hillary

6 comments:

Chris & Stephanie said...

Sounds like great plans. I am glad you are still going to take a much deserved vacation. It is also nice to see that the RN gave you other options. Good Luck with it all and have a great time on your trip.

Love,
Steph

gabeandstef said...

Hillary i am so glad you are not canceling your vacations i know this trial just plain out sucks and we have to still live our lives there have been so many times we have missed when i was ovulating do to vacations but i am so glad we still went and had a good time and really those we the best months when i wasnt stressed about trying to get pregnant and just enjoyed myself good luck and my prayers are with you and have a fun time on vacation. Just a quick question because me and my husband did IUI but i never did the HCG shot what is that exactly maybe i should reopen the door to IUI's

Hillary said...

Stef--

The HCG shot works as a companion to taking Clomid. What happends is I take Clomid on days 3-7 of my cycle. Then I go in on day 12 of my cycle for an ultrasound, so they can see how many egg follicles have developed. If everything looks good, they send me home with stuff to mix up an HCG shot that my husband gives me the next night. The HCG shot acts like a trigger, forcing your body to release/ovulate all of the eggs Clomid stimulated your ovaries to produce.

Sherydon said...

hillary im so glad you went and that you've made your decision. Good for you!! Now enjoy your summer!!:)

Keri said...

No problem Hillary! I ate the ice cream in you honor and should probably think about running it off eventually. Glad to hear that things are looking up for you guys and that you have a plan in motion. Oh and thanks for the ditty about the HCG shot and clomid... It seems that IUI has advanced somewhat in recent years.

Jon & Kim said...

I am so glad you were able to go and have a good time. I think what you are doin is great and will let you have a life for a few months. Still thinking about you and praying for you! Remember that LOTS of people concieve with fertility drugs.